Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Got Writing?

It's Tuesday, and I have not been consistent in posting my "slice of life". This is what is on my mind lately. Our district had a writing cohort of teachers, who would meet once a month and participate in book studies, write and collaborate. We no longer have this, what we have now is a staff development cadre.  Our focus is to create writing staff development for the district.  I miss the cohort! I miss sitting together with a group of  teachers who share the same writing philosophy and share the same concerns. There was something energetic about our meeting, I remember leaving the meeting feeling good about my teaching  and conversations that had taken place. And, I really enjoyed the personal writing we did together. It's been several years since the writing cohort was changed to a staff development cadre.  I miss, the reflection time, the collaboration, the friendships that developed with the teachers involved, and the inspiration..  Mostly, I miss the learning that took place.  I also miss learning from one of my good friends & mentor...Tina.
-Tina, "Thank You," for your training and words of wisdom..

Thank you "Slice of Life" for the opportunity to Write!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Janie! This means a lot to me. I miss all of the great things that came with the writing cohort, too. I missed the shared vision, the almost tangible passion for teaching writing, the learning and growing together, the writing we did that made us laugh and cry together, and most of all, the bond we shared with each other. I really admire the way you've taken all of that forward with you and continued to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to start your own writing group! If you start it, they will come..... :)

    ReplyDelete