Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Slice Challenge day 2

Quiet Time

It's late. As I sit down to write, I can hear the outside noises. A noisy car driving off, my cats bell and the clock ticking. I like and enjoy moments like this. But, I do miss the chaotic schedule we had. The time before our only daughter went off to college. I remember listening to advice from other mothers, they'd say...enjoy her now because children grow up too quickly.

It's ironic, I once longed for quiet time and now that I have it -I miss the busy mornings, and school games and track events. Life is like this. For now, I'll keep enjoying  my quietness.

It's late and, I can hear wind chimes out side, my cat's bell jingling as she moves around the house and the clock ticking.

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely. My oldest is in year 2 of college, and even with her sister here, the house is tooooo quiet.

    ReplyDelete